Join the LSS Team!
Livestock Services of Saskatchewan is a non-profit organization that facilitates the delivery of livestock brand inspection services, manages the brand registry and administers the licensing of livestock dealers in Saskatchewan. We are member owned and operated by the five main livestock producer groups who require inspection services. LSS is based out of its headquarters in Regina and has a provide-wide network of inspectors operating from a variety of field locations.
The Key Responsibilities are…..
LSS requires a part time Livestock Inspector for the South Central District, working out of the Assinboia and area. The successful candidate must be available to perform part time work as required year-round.
This position will carry out inspection and investigative duties pertaining to the identification and ownership of livestock at auction markets, feedlots, packing plants and on farms as required. It will ensure compliance to Provincial regulations relating to the transportation, sale, and humane treatment and proper housing of livestock, and provide program information and interpretation of legislation to the general public.
You bring to the role....
- In-depth knowledge of livestock behavior and various breeds
- A strong understanding of livestock operations (particularly farm/ranch and feedlot), auction markets and processing plants - minimum of 3-5 years working knowledge
- Ability to identify instances of inhumane treatment of livestock, and where necessary, act to prevent continued mistreatment
- Ability to work independently under mentally and physically demanding conditions
- General computer application skills
- Strong problem-analysis and solving skills
- Solid organizational, people and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
Applicants are asked to clearly describe in their resume and cover letter how they have gained the required knowledge and abilities. Competencies would typically be obtained through several years of experience related to livestock inspection, ownership, identification and/or marketing.
LSS invites you to apply with resume and cover letter to the attention of Nikki Henderson, HR Manager at email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 306.778.8548.
Application deadline is July 18th, 2018.
Please visit our website at lssc.ca to learn more about our organization.