Payroll & Benefits Supervisor
Join the LSS Team!
Livestock Services of Saskatchewan is a non-profit organization that facilitates the delivery of livestock brand inspection services, manages the brand registry and administers the licensing of livestock dealers in Saskatchewan. We are member owned and operated by the five main livestock producer groups who require inspection services. LSS is based out of its headquarters in Regina and has a province-wide network of inspectors operating from a variety of field locations.
The Key Responsibilities are…..
The Payroll & Benefits Supervisor will manage all activities related to full-cycle payroll generation and employee benefits. This exciting new position will work closely with Human Resources and Finance to build and enhance rules, best practices and procedures, and improve pay and benefit efficiencies within an organization that is growing and changing. The Supervisor must be comfortable performing all duties within the scope of the role, while researching and resolving issues and providing high-level input to the management team.
The Supervisor will ensure all aspects of payroll and benefits are managed with a high degree of accuracy and adherence to deadlines, and must meet all compliance with the collective bargaining agreement, government legislation and company policy. Duties will include:
- Develop and implement payroll and benefits processes and procedures, and ensure adequate internal controls
- Manage and process employee commencements and terminations, transfers, leaves of absence, deductions and retirements
- Oversee time entry and prepare bi-weekly and monthly payroll for 80 hourly, salary and union employees
- Manage expiration of probation and term appointments, and benefit warnings relevant to eligibility
- Maintain and audit employee entitlements such as vacation, sick leave and banked time, as well long service and the seniority roster
- Manage and process group benefits and pension, including eligibility, enrollments and terminations, and beneficiary changes
- Manage changes to compensation, position management and collective bargaining agreement provisions
- Reconcile payroll and benefit accounts, and prepare monthly and year-end remittances
Provide effective and accurate advice and assistance to employees regarding their pay and benefit queries
- Provide employees with forms, documents, employment verification letters and other tools upon request
- Create and maintain confidential employee personnel files
- Coordinate reporting with Finance, and reporting for the Board of Directors, Revenue Canada, and others as required
- Maintain WCB inputs and reporting
You Bring to the Role…..
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner or Certified Payroll Manager designation
- Minimum of 5 years professional level working knowledge of payroll and benefits, ideally supplemented with senior supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge of and experience with computerized payroll and of HRMS platforms
- A strong understanding of the full payroll cycle and payroll accounting principles
- Experience with Collective Bargaining Agreement provisions
- Experience with benefits administration
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Above average organizational, people and time management, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality while communicating with diplomacy and tact
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
LSS invites you to apply with resume and cover letter to the attention of Nikki Henderson, HR Manager at email email@example.com
Application deadline is January 22, 2018.
We thank you for your interest in applying with Livestock Services of Saskatchewan, however please note that only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please visit our website at www.lssc.ca to learn more about our organization.